Saturday, March 31, 2007

Trip to Austin

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Rosa and I took off to Austin today to see her Dad. It was nice trip, 4 hours down - 4 hours back, and we had lunch with Hillery. The trip was pretty uneventful but the scenery was amazing. With all the rain we've had recently and the warm weather the Bluebonnets where in full bloom. As we got closer to the Hill Country they became thicker and thicker until it transformed into blueish-purple carpet lining the edges of the road for as far as you could see. This was the Texas I fell in love with when I moved here 22 years ago. It sure was a sight to see. The visit with Hillery was nice. We took him out to lunch at Smokey-Bones restaurant and did a few things around the house for him. Rosario is in Spain right now visiting her family so he's by himself for a few weeks, he sure enjoyed the company. We only where able to stay for a few hours but it was nice. When Rosa and I are on trips like this we get a lot of time to talk. We talk about a lot of things, mostly what's been happening lately but sometimes we get off on tangents about how our lives are, based on decisions we've made in that past. With the recent events surrounding Andrew, he became a large topic of the conversation. I was telling her how blogs have given me an insight into our children (Andrew and Isabella) that I would not have had before the internet. I've never been a person to keep a diary which is what a lot of blogs are. These "public" diaries offer a unique insight about someone you know as well as complete strangers. It's a very interesting concept. Anyway back to our discussions; Rosa and I are both ones who feel fate plays a big part in our lives. What kind of person would I be had I not divorced Pam? What if I wouldn't have joined the Air Force? All of these are interesting things that spark reasons why we're happy together now. Everything I've done in the past has gotten me to the point I'm at now. Am I happy? Unequivocally YES! But had I chose a different path I may have been happy with those outcomes as well. One never knows. I think the most important thing is to be happy now and be happy with how you got there. Overall the trip today was wonderful. We did nothing but we did what made us happy.

0 Reader Comments: